Monday 16 September 2013

The 'once'

A question that pops up quite often, either from others, or sometimes from that nagging sound inside the head is 'If you had to change something from the past, what would it be?'. Usually, my chest swells up with happiness! I thankfully have been blessed with a lack of memory that could remind me of anything that I would regret/like to change. Maybe, that is a good thing. Maybe, more often than not, it means that I haven't done enough. And also, maybe, it means nothing, although I surely have no idea what that means.
But there is this one memory, very vivid, just like it happened yesterday. This one haunts me pretty often. If what was shown in this movie 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', wherein you could remove selected parts of your memory, this memory would be that 'one part' I'd like to get rid of. FOR GOOD!

This was about 9 years ago. I was in class 7. I was err.. a bit rolly-polly, ... not exactly Tom Cruise-like awesome or something, and not a very big hit among the ladies(or whatever you call them when they are 12..). So 9 years hence.................not much has changed, except the rolly-polly part. Still no Tom Cruise in the mirror, I don't look at 12 year old ladies or whatever you call them when they are 12, because that makes me feel like a... Never mind. As for ladies of my age though, status quo is maintained.  Even the sky looks almost the same distance it did when I was 12.... Maybe a bit closer. Just a bit.
Yeah, so back to that DREADED day!!
We had PT(Physical Training) classes. Those were the days man! Those were the days! No matter how much Physical Training we do/don't do right now, those were the days man! Those were the days!
So this PT teacher comes up to teach us how to run around and stuff, how to use starting- blocks, without actually using starting blocks...because we didn't have any starting blocks. It was more like a dry run...
Right now, for some reason, I remember this quote from this movie called 'School of Rock'. It goes like "Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym(PT in this case)".
So this PT teacher told us to get into that 'Get' position in the Get-Set-Go chain of positions. So we were in this knelt down position on one knee, with both our arms under our shoulders and stuff... then he shouted 'Set!'. And all of us pointed our arse skywards.... and then he shouted (okay, he didn't shout 'Tomato' or something) 'Go!!'. The only thing I remember is my rear leg slipping and my body coming down with a thud....
and dust all around me and all those puny arses wiggling in front of me a few feet away, moving away from me with every passing moment.
Oh, I forgot to mention that the ladies(or whatever you call them when they are 12, girls I suppose..) were standing behind the guys to check who would be the fastest among the fellows, and here I was, living a nightmare in broad daylight.
Here's the list of troubles...
a. I wasn't the fastest in class.
b. But I was faster than most.
c. I could hear the females giggling behind my arse
d. If I had started running even 4 seconds after I had slipped, I wouldn't have come last.
e. I still could hear the girls giggle...
f. I still could have started off...made a bigger arse of myself nevertheless, come somewhere near    last, still could have had the satisfaction for having tried, despite failing.
g. I didn't even try to run.
h. I could still hear the girls laughing and giggling behind my arse.
i. Now, even my dress was dirty!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More than turning into a loser, being mocked by the girls, getting my clothes dirty or any of the host of things that could make me feel miserable, I felt pathetic for not getting up from where I fell, and running my heart out. That looks like a scene from a parallel universe, where on that particular day, I ran, beat about 50% of the crowd, and became a hit among the girls. Okay, being a hit among the girls looks like the central theme of this whole episode I guess. But why not?
But what came to be in reality, looks like the title of a very highly acclaimed movie. I'll tell you how. Although what I am about to do is simply going to screw up my chances of being a hit among girls. So any ways, here goes.

Girls= Chicks.
Chicks= Birds
The girls were mocking me. And I was feeling to kill the girls for mocking me.
So what I was basically wanting to do was 'To Kill the Mocking Bird(s)'....
And now, I am SO dead. More importantly....
Surprisingly enough, there's a message I'd like to leave with this episode. Try. Do anything, any how, but just try, except in the case someone challenges you to drop his/her iPhone. Don't try here. Just drop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment