Saturday 27 July 2013

Aaaaarrrgggghhh!!!! I feel good! (paeiuwaeiuwaeiuwe)


First things first... Try to pronounce the word in the brackets. Until you haven't heard James Brown singing the title of this post, I pretty much bet you won't have a clue of what the ruddy word sounds like. Never mind the word. …................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Woops..Sorry. If you live in a hostel, very often, a few interruptions are inevitable...Yeah, it kind of sucks to have your train of thoughts shown the red light. Moving on..
Today, something happened to me, that I was pretty certain, would never happen to me. By the way, yesterday, something(good) happened to me, that I was pretty certain about. Okay, Let's look through the pretty events in order.
I was headed for my mess(apart from the fact that I am usually headed for a mess..), Don't ming the weired stuff coming at you from the brackets.. That's another guy..(This fellow is schizophrenic!!).
Ya, so on my way to dinner, one guy tells me about a senior, for whom, I hold pretty high regards, who got placed in a company that came to our college.
It is actually something that happens every year....Nothing new.. But I know not why, I felt this strange kind of happiness, which I find hard to explain. It was almost as though somehow, in some inexplicable way, I just got closer to being placed myself.
Here's what I felt up till now, what I thought would be impossible to feel....Feeling genuinely good for another person. Yeah, a line like that very conveniently puts me into the category of 'The worst people on the planet'. But not that I give a damn.
I am not going to go to great lengths to convince any soul on how elated I felt after hearing the good news..It makes the whole 'feeling good' feeling seem synthetic.
So? Moral of the story? Huh?? What?? All of it?? What's the whole point?? Minutes of the day?? Summary??
Frankly speaking...I don't know. My situation is of the kind that any source of happiness sounds worth recording in any manner possible. Not that I am running short on such events..but just feels good thinking about stuff that makes you feel good....
Realization 101- Main purpose of life(needless to say) is to be happy..
Realization 102- Equation for happiness isn't linear, quadratic, cubic, bi-quadratic or of any higher order(The guy doesn't know the names of higher order equations by the way....)

The second pretty thing is what happened yesterday...
I left the computer center of my college somewhere around 4.50 in the evening. I was walking out of the college to get to a place(outside college...). I kind of predicted...foresaw....err....hoped....desperately to run into....sorry...walk into(I wasn't running for a change) her. There is this book called 'Blink' written by Malcolm Gladwell, where he writes about how we happen to identify things unknowingly, within a fraction of a second. Something similar happened. She was walking out of the hostel gate. It didn't take me a fraction of a fraction of a second to see who I was going to walk into..and for as long as I remember, I did it very much knowingly.
My mind went for a stroll...as usual... We looked at each other (For the first time, I can confidently say that it was consensual), then we smiled....or whatever I did that came into a meek smile(My impression on what I did, whereas in reality, I would be either doing half of what I did, or I would have scared her with my teeth... Either ways, I guess, I did fine). In return, I saw this sight I had longed to see for over about a year....
Then one word jumped out of her and hit me.. not like a stone, thankfully...more like a serendipitous realization.... “Hi!”
I couldn't really respond as my oratory skills decided to accompany my brain for a stroll. So I somehow managed to muster up what in my head looks like a friendly wave.. I see now, how a smile can floor you....flat on the floor.
It felt good... Bliss has ways of getting to you, I guess.
And I would be extremely shocked to find myself having the balls to post this piece for public viewing.
So...

1 comment: