Friday 5 July 2013

Marine run

I have this thing for going long distances on foot....a bit faster than brisk walking...
I went to Marine drive for a run. For those who know the place, I do not need to tell you why I like this place. For those who don't....

Yeah..THAT!!
It is HANDS-DOWN the best place in the whole of Mumbai...Definitely of the best places I have seen in this short life of mine. Annnd it comes with an added advantage. A HUGE!! LONNNNG (3 km) footpath to run your heart out(okay....eventually, it becomes short).
There's anothier thing about it. It is measured for every 100 meters. There is this granite slab on the floor that has the distance engraved on it from either end of the 3 km....And you are pretty unlikely to notice that if you just go for a stroll...
First time I went here, I jussst could finish a to-and-fro thing on this stretch. Then slowly, I eventually hit the 10k mark recently. This time,when I ran this place.....I kind of got bored.
Yeah, the sun setting by your side, waves of the sea paint a beautiful picture and stuff and whats. But it got boring...not tiring..BORING!!
I wondered why....and eventually, I had a 'EUREKA' moment.
I was getting bored of constantly being reminded that I had done 200......600....1300....2500 meters. And even if you do not intentionally read the so called '100meterstones' which came 16 times before a Milestone, each time I passed a .....stone, it was intrinsically doing the math. Yes, a bit of math won't hurt but it became a bit of an obstruction.
The last time I did a 10k,it was slightly different. I knew I'd done 10 k after I came back and checked the whole thing on google. That day,10k felt pretty not-so-killer-as-I-thought. Probably it was because I wasn't bothered with/by the distance.
There are upsides,though, of measured pavements.... You know you haven't overdone it/know when you have..You don't need google.... You can run specific distances like a 100m sprint or something like that,which usually is rather difficult.
I still feel I can't put the feeling in words why going to-and-fro on a beautiful strip of land is something I do not fancy(few reasons may be obvious)...
I guess I need a new location.

No comments:

Post a Comment