Tuesday 23 July 2013

All in the mind

How strange is it? If you come to think of it, it is pretty strange. What comes in our head, stays there...until of course you are a loud mouth.....or you are talking in your sleep.....or...ummmm yeah!! if you have the ammmazing ability to turn the contents of the mushy stuff inside your cranium into reality, which very apparently, and not so obviously is an ability each one of us possesses. Now, coming to the touchy stuff.. All of us have heard that your eyes reflect your thoughts. During my not-so-brief stay on this planet, as of yet, that is actually true..the thoughts-reflected-in-the-eye part.
But, as usual, there are many ifs' and buts', butts an buttocks that come in the way.
It can actually be quite a scary experience to see the thoughts of someone....literally.
I have a kid-sister. She's kind of the typical younger-kid-of-the-house by nature.. Goodness! I wish I could borrow a bit of her chirpiness and insatiable need to talk...err maybe not that one..
Anyways, I feel I am the typical don't-mess-with-my-kid-sis-or-I-shall-do-a-lot-of-unpleasant-things-to-you kind of the older fellow.
Here's the scary part. Usually, when I am back home, I do go out with my sister around places, movies and such things. Then there are the(rather those) stares that would make the ones, covered from head to toe feel squeamish. Forget the ladies, even men might find such stares repulsive(another thing that men thankfully don't get such eyes probing them..). And SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW A GIRL'S LEGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ATTRACTIVE!! SPECIALLY WHY MY HAIRY MUSCLE-CLAD ONES AREN'T A PART OF THE 'TOP 10 THINGS TO DROOL ON' !!! Err...I guess I answered the latter part of my question in the question itself... Hmmm,,,
Seriously!! Is it our usually-non-existing vivid imagination that take us to the place above the legs at the very sight of bare skin????? HUH? Things that scares me are my own androgenic instincts. And I wonder how we came down to be wired like this. I know, this isn't the sort of stuff one would mention out in the public, but it is disturbing. From whatever little I have read, the human senses keep a look out for potential mates all the while to provide them with best chances to see the light of day...and keep them doing so. Not just the guys, even the ladies. There is this mental calculator that is relentlessly working inside each one of our head. The ladies obviously hold the upper hand in the filtration process of the genes that will be allowed to pass through the gate called 'Potential Fittest Survivors' Bandwagon'(I have managed to horrendously mess my grammar in naming the gate...) but men have made way to bypass the sieve...which is, obviously not a good thing. Yes, what I just wrote seems and is inconclusive and I can single-handedly do nothing except for keeping a leash on my own eyes. Maybe I am taking it all too seriously, specially since we have existed this way for the past 'whatever-number-of-years', and we haven't done too bad. Right now, just the realization that we haven't done too good either, makes me just  that little bit more worried about the ones I care most about. I suddenly have a feeling....another scary(or maybe not scary) feeling that I may be turning into a FEMINIST!!
I am just hoping that some lady doesn't walk to me and give me my long overdue back-hand lash... Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment