Tuesday 30 July 2013

Winded out!!!

Totally!!
I am exaggerating. A bit.
If there is the smallest chance that you feel, you have pushed the envelope anywhere...yeah.. right! Probably if you are one of those who truly has pushed the envelope, I bow in respect. But it is highly unlikely that something of that sort is going to happen...the 'bowing' sort of thing.
That's the whole point, as much it wouldn't seem like. Even in our present form, we haven't
even touched anywhere close to breaking point of our bodies. Truly a limitless marvel is what we have at hand. It's been a while since I had been through this book, can't remember the exact name, it goes like 'Higher, Faster, Stronger'. The book caught my attention the second my eyes fell on the rack it was kept in. Yes, it was about the upper limits where our physical abilities will cap off. Interestingly, we have a long while remaining before we reach there. Things of this sort bring a sort of respect for your own body, that never existed previously. Mind you, it's not just limits of physicality that remain untouched. Our IQ is yet to see the upper bound. The music we hear hasn't reached it's 'awesomest' level yet,and so it goes for everything that surrounds us.
I just stepped out of my room to evade the gloominess of the evening. I was in a mood to do something new,not the usual pavement pounding. So I headed to this place where I was expecting a friend of mine to be doing his 'thing'. He had just undergone a transformation after training around national athletes of his state. He was there, as I hoped. Annd I started following his track. 4 rounds... I am sucking air harder than a vacuum cleaner.
It is a rare chance to witness yourself in such a situation. It felt good though. But my jaws remained wide open seeing this guy's commitment and stamina.
There's another story I am following. This is about a remote tribe holed up somewhere in the copper canyons of Mexico, if I recollect correctly. They are called the Tara-hu-maara(Atleast what the word sounds like). I saw a TED video where this tribe had been mentioned. These folks run about 300 km in a matter of 3-4 days....wait a moment.. at the age of 60-70.Crazy!!!
One more thing that leaves me flabbergasted is the Iron-Man races... a half-marathon,followed by some 2 odd miles of swimming, further followed by a long(not sure of the distance) bike race. All back to back, No stopping. These things make a marathon sound like a cat's squeak, which in all due respect, doesn't make a marathon any less grueling than what it is.
If you are wondering what all this means, rather what message I want to convey through all this, even I am thinking the same thing. Wait a second. Let me get my bearings right.
Ah! Yes! What I wanted to say amidst  all the sweat and grime is that.... I got my backside whooped at a time I thought I was invincible. Yeah, like I didn't know I was being stupid. Obviously that realization came after the backside-whooping, but never the less. What I want to say is( Jaa CHUDAIL!!) is that this contraption, that will be our home during our sojourn on this planet, deserves a bit of a better treatment than what we are giving it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment