Saturday 25 May 2013

Of heroes and of the nots

Ever stepped out of a movie theater and felt like now,your world has become that of the hero's? How that evil teacher is in some(very unknown) way so similar to the villain who's planning for some apocalyptic attack on earth so that he could reign supreme on whatever remains??(Although I still wonder,WHAT,after an apocalypse is he going to reign on) No?? How about that lovey-dovey love story where you step out of and you imagine...."Oh...how similar my situation is to the hero.."
Heroine hates him in the beginning,then some how they end up liking each other,like in some teen novels/some fairy tale and everything goes happily ever after..
No??
How about when there ain't no chick in the flick,and it is somehow a toil between the lead fellas to find who shall win in the end,and somehow from the very beginning,we have this bias about who the good,who the bad and who the ugly is? Or maybe it is all a trick?
Let's take a classic case..(A rather bit too classic I suppose) Ramayana..
Yeah we all know the jig(I may get beaten up for being blasphemous here)...The Good guy's damn good,has the damn good brother for the damn best friend,wins 'the' damn good chick, Some jealous female gets jealous,makes the damn good-guy,bro 'n' chick-trio to go away into the forest to do their own things for 13 years,some crazy demon guy abducts the chick..annd the whole war thing happens,they do all the monkeying around(competing with the monkeys of course,an army of them actually) and eventually after and in spite of all the godly intervention,the demon god is killed,all monkeys are happy,all the humans are happy,the guy and the chick get back together,of course the guy,after doing all the acrobatics,wants to burn the chick alive,so the chick somehow requests mother earth to magically suck her into the ground,after hopefully realizing that the good guy was mayybe not that good after all,now that he,with all his brain-full of doubts somehow was willing to put the chick's integrity at stake publicly...
I completely realize that I have,very openly auctioned myself for getting my 'back' kicked,and the auctioneer is never going to utter the word 'sold' for a while...My best bet is to get out of here before he finally decides to..
Okay,we're all waiting for the big question...'SO WHHATT??' Big deal there's the hero,there's the bad guy,and there's the chick(who basically caused the fight,as usual), now trusr me,I am in no way demeaning the role of ladies in our lives(or..in the probable future we are about to enter,that probability is DWINDLING... ) and..JOKE TIME!!
Behind every successful man,there's a woman,I know you know the next part,but anyways...
Behind every unsuccessful man,there are two,three four,maybe many more.....
Do you remember,we mostly learn this fact in school,no memories of which grade we are taught this in...the human field of vision spans roughly about 120-130 degrees in angle...(Not temperature,I know it's getting too hot because of global warming,but that isn't reason enough to forget the humble protractor!! I know that some chick's eyes are hot but you want them to be in her head...)

By the way,who told that the good guy...WAS the GOOD GUY?? orr the bad guy,indeed was THE BAD  guy? I mean they never carried placards. This is not an exercise questioning obvious judgement.
There are two points here that are probably worth pondering about.
1-We will never...evver get the complete picture in any given situation. There will be parts that will go amiss without someone or the other noticing(considering you're not Sherlock Holmes...)..
Yeah,this coming from any 20 something random guy who thinks can take on the whole world,screwing up majestically in the first post of his new blog,or as a matter of fact,any one,you'd be like YEAH RIGHT...
Somewhere later,we might think,"Wow,had that prick of a teacher not pushed me hard enough in chemistry in my class 12,maybe my college would have been another one,I would have been somewhere,and stuff and stuff...."
I mean I read this stuff.I am like "Who wrote this crap?? The fellow's definitely getting kicked!!"
Too profound.. Maybe more on this later..(Uh oh....Bad Idea...)
Point number 2....
2-We form our biases to sort of relate to the story...or the film maker knows what makes us relate to the story(And we all know what happens if he doesn't..) Yeah,I mean without a hero,how is that weird looking dangerous alien going to mysteriously look like the next door neighbor who complains sharp at midnight,about 'How my guitar gently weeps' in the middle of his sleep while all I am going is 'gently' playing my guitar?? We worship heroes..Yeah we also like the sinusoidal curves of their falls and rises...

I still do NOT know how Rama is considered a god..I am absolutely considering my lack of knowledge on the topic as the biggest reason as my lack of conviction of his godliness...but think over it. How many of us know that Sita was actually the reincarnation of a lady,completely in love with Vishnu,who had been molested by Ravana in a forest(Damn it man,the guy never learned!! Why??) while she was in meditation to convince Vishnu to marry her(Vishnu must be like...ohh...easy catch,I am not buying it) . So she goes ahead and curses Ravan that he shall meet his end at the hands of a dude who happens to belong to Vishnu's lineage. And she sets fire to herself. Looks like this character loved getting burnt(Look at her second life for further illustrative an explanation..)
So that explains Ravan's end..
Who will look at Ravan's greatness?? The guy had 10 heads,is said to have been able to stand at the center of a rag/cloth when the cloth was covering a well,being anchored to the wall of the well by 4 lemons..apart from having brilliantly ruled the demon kingdom of Lanka very justly and so on and forth...
Yeah he was hit on his kundalini(his weak spot storing his elixir) and stuff. In some other parallel universe,instead of Ramayana,there would be a Ravanaya(Shit,that happens to be this universe!!)
There can be a thousand points against and for this argument.
Moral?? We don't know enough...I don't know about you.. At least I don't ...
Zyaada ho gaya yaar..(Dude,I guess I overshot it...)

1 comment:

  1. Try to watch Sita Sings the Blues sometime.

    ReplyDelete