Monday 20 May 2013

Too much to say

I am pretty sure 99% people won't go beyond 7)  .Are you in the 1% ??
1)Say....
My mom tells me I don't talk all that much. And I say,"yeah maybe,you're not the first one to tell me that". And somehow I don't believe that I don't talk much. I sure do like to be on the other side of the...er.. speaker.
As a matter of fact,I don't mind talking. I just find it easier to write,or in this case,type. This has gone to a point where I get these urges to just say my thing through my fingers and get over it. The upside to this is (this next line is cocky) I get people to do what their parents keep nagging them about. Just kidding...
From where I see,hope you will too(someday,not any time soon. Don't take my readership!!!!),it is THE most humbling experience to see someone devote their precious time,YES even when they are jobless,to something that took birth in your mind.

2) Outlie!!
I just saw this movie 'The blind side'. Recently,I also read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. And right now,I am showing off out in the open. And...I am also deviating from the point I want to make.
Both the above mentioned movie and book emphasize on how,unlike what we usually think,i.e. "I am totally self made!!" or "surroundings don't make any differences" and the likes, we are a product of our surroundings. I mean just imagine,as a very simple example, if had your/my grandparents chosen to (crudely put) mate with someone else,the world would have gone on as it is,yeah sure it may just have missed on a genius or two,but then,in that other parallel universe,no one would have known,now isn't it?? I mean,you might have not read this page,or keeping in line with my 'Being Humble' theme,I wouldn't have written this piece of gibberish(please tell me it ain't so).
I mean looking at it,I wouldn't have felt this sort of desperation to do what I am doing,Which is What,I know Not,had I not run into too many wonderful people,whom I shall not mention,as they know for themselves who they are. I never before wanted to so badly know how far I can go.
To thee,I thank for Free....
Hmm... I guess Shakespeare's working his way into my head now...

3)Screw-ups
-You either die a hero,or live long enough to see yourself turn into a villain.
This is one of my favorite quotes among the few I love,that came from a movie.
The other being-"I asked god for a bike. I figured that is not how things work,so I stole one and asked god for forgiveness"-Al Pacino
Let us concentrate on the first quote. Actually,let's tweak it a little. It happens to resemble another quote. Here's the TWEAK-"You either live long enough to learn from everyone's mistake,or you have the balls to make some and learn yourself". You know the worst part? I am feeling pathetically preachy after writing like that. I used to believe that I happen to be a creature of reason. Someone just told me that there was a 'not' in the previous sentence between 'happen' and 'to'.
Seriously,If you ask me why I am writing what I am writing,(okay,If you have read any previous post of this blog,this line is probably a cliche by now) I could give a shoulder shrug at best as an answer... Okay,screw-ups over,now what??

4)Good Will Hunting
Brilliant movie by the way!! It convinces you somehow that being clueless of what you want to do is not too much to be concerned with,as long as you are sure you will be able to do something with your life and times. Mark my words, that is not even anywhere in the lines of what the movie is trying to tell!! Watch it for yourself!! It is a brilliant move for sure.
I am on my own hunting trip for goodwill. My room mate Vineet reminded me of this one quote-
If everyone is happy with what you are doing,there is something definitely wrong that you are doing ! At such times,two things can save you.
1-you realise that your situation is exactly matching that of the above quotation.
2-You have a genuine well-wisher(you are lucky to have this luxury) who slaps you on the head and shakes you back to reality.
I have been lucky to have at least a handful of such people.

5) 10000..
Yes indeed,that sure is a very round number. Remove the '1' and it becomes a circular figure. On a lighter note, I am in shape. Yeah round is a shape!! Bad joke...Moving on!!
Many fellows have gone about singing this number's specialty.
It is said,and quite widely verified,not exactly with mathematical precision though,that if you do any one particular thing,preferably of your choice,for 10000 hours,you become a complete champion at it.
With just over 8000 hours a year,8060 to be precise,these 10000 hours are no walk in the park. One thing...How did the term cake walk come into the vocabulary?? I mean, when I imagine someone,quite literally, walking over a cake,I think 2 things happen.
a-the cake gets really screwed up due to someone being stupid enough to walk over it
b-more often than not,the stupid person falls after slipping.

About the 10000 hours,how many of us can explicitly(not necessary) mention on thing...ONE bloody thing(not sleeping!!) that we have surely done for anywhere close to 10000 hours. If you happen to be the one who can,    
good for you woman/man!! I mean what else can I say? Yeah,I shall catch up soon!!
I read this recent interview of Jeffery Archer in a magazine. At 73,he writes 8 hours a day!!!!
Can you imagine??(of course you can't! I mean how can you??) Even at this rate and age,he will outrun us to our 10000 hour race!

6) Prisoner of birth- Okay,to you Jeffery Archer fans, I wish to catch a reader's attention merely by the  title of my book,if that dream of mine comes true(mostly will!!)
I have had this feeling for a while...It will completely assist you in your proof to prove me insane.
Here's the feeling-Somehow,this body,the three dimensions we see and move in,apparently of course(you see we want to keep the theoretical physicists happy!) are somehow a confinement. Thee is a sort of a limitation in whatever we do. My feelings obviously have no connections with the contents of the above mentioned book,which by the way,I am dying to read!!
After getting my above mentioned feeling,I made the biggest mistake of my life...yeeeeeaannnooo....
Okay here's the blunder anyways.I saw The Matrix. And now I feel I am living a life of a schizophreniac(if there is anything of the sort). The upside to this is that you question everything and Michio Kaku's mission of promoting Discovery channel's motto becomes successful.

By the way,If you didn't like what you just read,let me add to your misery. After getting inspired by a senior,I have decided to write at least a post everyday. I have also decided to start 2 new blogs.
Damn it!! So much for creating positive pressure. More on Positive pressure,later(may be,maybe not).
I happen to see 04:23 on the clock.My mom just came into my room for the 3rd time in the night to put me to sleep(I hate sleep!!!) !!!

As a last act of kindness,do me a favor.Read the first line again please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment