Sunday 30 June 2013

Court adjourned! Charged GUILTY!!

This is about something that I have been avoiding to think about for the longest 2 months yet. Guilt. It is one of,what I thing, a primary response of a non-sociopath to the skeletons in his/her closet.
And, frankly, this is one emotion for which, I do not mind being a sociopath. It is absolutely pathetic to think of your guilt....(this act is also called regret).
It is only possible to experience guilt when you truly believe that you have violated some standards of your own set of rules. Else,nothing can actually convince one of his/her guilt. Why the hell am I telling this?? Trust me, I am actually searching for an answer in thin air. Thing is, in most case, I let the gone, be gone.
I have been reading a few lines a few too many times everywhere.
There were something like a bunch of people on their death beds,who were asked..."What do you regret in your life?"
Firstly, the person who asked them this question, if I get hold of his neck, I'll choke him!! These folks belong to the lowest level of hell!!! Jaa chudail!!!(more on that,sometime later...)
Okay,the responses, as per these dying folks were like this mostly:
-" I wish I had smiled more/allowed myself to be happier",
"I wish I had listened to my heart more".. or something like that.

Not like..."I wish I hadn't asked that girl out,so that I could save myself the embarrassment of getting slapped." 
I haven't done any public survey to add to the credibility of what I think/say/type(Urrghh!! Whichever,you see fit!!) but we almost always regret more from not doing something, rather than doing it. Just personal experience, no proof. I had been a part of my dream that came the closest to coming true. Then my mom called. For the first time, I  woke up.(Yeah,usually,my mom leaves me to nature's devices to wake up...unfortunately not this time.) I dare not blame my mom for waking up. I chose to wake up. I won't beat myself for it. But yes, seeing a dream come true, would BE a dream come true! 
It is pointless to ask for forgiveness. For someone seeing no offence in his doings, no sentence can 'fix' the person pressed with the charges. For those who acknowledge the breach of the law inside them, no reform can grant them forgiveness. That is their penance.

No comments:

Post a Comment