Monday 3 June 2013

Treadmill

Yeah, TREADMILL. Sounds any familiar to the word RUN-OF-THE-MILL ?
Let's break the word 'Treadmill' down. According to the Oxford English Dictionary(Or probably any given dictionary,just that the OED sounds fancy,like lending extra credibility to the meaning) the word means 'a monotonous/mundane task'. Look at it this way. Treading the mill. Reminds you of the industrial age with too many mills around?? Wherever you were to tread(a fancy word for walking/moving about),you would encounter one. Of course the same goes for the term Run-of-the-mill. The boring usual stuff...

Coming to this post,I proudly call myself an avid runner. It is one of the most primal,primitive activity humans have engaged in from the very beginning,that qualifies as a sport.
I love long distances. It keeps people away from me(Good for the people),and me away from people(Good for me) for a good while. Too good to be true right?? So.....
I recently pulled my inner thigh(fancifully called my adductor muscle),basically the thing that helps pull your leg towards the inside. Some random muscle,let's keep it simple..which put a full-stop to my running for the past literally one month(Which made my life really suck for the past one month..).I already had more reasons to make my life suck,but today,I am in a decent mood,so won't bother another soul.
I have been doing basic stuff for sake of rehabilitation and regaining strength. I was slightly skeptical about going all out with my first target after getting back into business,which is a 10 K run.
If you have been to a gymnasium,there's one particular machine over which,too many gym-monger pour too much sweat(literally). Yesssss!! It is the TREADMILL!!!!! They go all huffy-puffy over it for as long as they can remember. It is one of the most boring thing you can think of doing in a gym,not that the other things are very interesting. 3 years ago,even I wanted to join a gym.I was(still am) a Sylvester Stallone fan.I wanted the big guns. Then somehow,the charm of big guns just got lost,no idea how.
When I was at this gym,I remember this trainer..big burly fellow..He said,"The average labor worker gets paid for lifting heavy rocks.Most guys around here pay for lifting weights". Sucks when you are on the receiving end of the joke.....
For the sake of checking if my injury is anywhere closer to healing completely,I closed my eyes and tried the treadmill for probably the third time in life. As usual,it sucked. The thing killed me out of boredom!! Basically this is my ghost typing. The only upside of trying the treadmill is that now my ghost..whatever/whoever is typing this nonsense,realized that my bodily injury is somewhat healing.
Maybe the 10 K target looks a bit closer now..

No comments:

Post a Comment